E-mail: kyang95 AT stanford DOT edu
Department of Mathematics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305.
- I am a fifth-year PhD student in mathematics at Stanford University. My advisor is Amir Dembo. Before that, I studied mathematics at Harvard University.
- I am currently a Program Associate at MSRI for "Universality and Integrability in Random Matrix Theory and Interacting Particle Systems".
- My research interests are in probability and large-scale behaviors of highly correlated systems, for example connections between interacting particle systems, PDEs, and stochastic PDEs. Generally speaking, I am particularly interested in non-stationary and non-equilibrium stochastic dynamics of any kind, and the methods employed in my research are largely motivated by or come from this broad interest.
Awards and Honors:
- Fellowship, Northern California Chapter of the ARCS Foundation, 2020-2021 and 2021-2022.
- Herb Alexander Award, Harvard University Department of Mathematics.
- Certificate for Distinction and Excellence in Teaching, Derek C. Bok Center at Harvard University, Fall 2014 to Spring 2017.
- Yang, K. KPZ Equation via non-stationary Boltzmann-Gibbs Principle, in preparation.
- Yang, K. Non-Stationary Kardar-Parisi-Zhang equation from ASEP with a slow bond. Submitted.
- Yang, K. Hairer-Quastel universality in non-stationarity via energy solution theory. Submitted.
- Yang, K. Kardar-Parisi-Zhang Equation from Non-Simple Variations on Open-ASEP . Submitted.
- Yang, K. Kardar-Parisi-Zhang Equation from Long-Range Exclusion Processes . Submitted.
- Yang, K. Stochastic Burgers Equation via Energy Solutions from Non-Stationary Particle Systems . Submitted.
- Megumi Asada, Ryan Chen, Eva Fourakis, Yujin Kim, Andrew Kwon, Jared D. Lichtman, Blake Mackall, Steven J. Miller, Eric Winsor, Karl Winsor, Jianing Yang, Kevin Yang. Lower-Order Biases Second Moments of Dirichlet Coefficients in Families of L-Functions. Experimental Mathematics. DOI: 10.1080/10586458.2021.1980453. 2021.
- Paula Burkhardt, Peter Cohen, Jonathan DeWitt, Max Hlavacek, Steven J. Miller, Carsten Sprunger, Yen Nhi Truong Vu, Roger Van Peski and Kevin Yang. Random matrix ensembles with split limiting behavior. Random Matrices: Theory and Application. Vol. 07, No. 03, 1850006. 2018.
- Asada M, Fourakis E, Miller SJ, Yang K, Appendix to Some Results in the Theory of Low-lying Zeros: Determining the 1-level density, identifying the group symmetry and the arithmetic of moments of Satake parameters. Families of Automorphic Forms and the Trace Formula. 435-476. Simons Symposia. Springer, Cham. 2016.
- Yu Z, Liu N, Liu J, Yang K, Wang X. Neuroglobin, a novel target for endogenous neuroprotection against stroke and neurodegenerative disorders. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 6995-7014. 2012.
- [Online] Probability and the City, Dec. 2021.
- [Online] Probability Seminar, U.C. Berkeley, Nov. 2021.
- Program Associates Short Talks, MSRI, Oct. 2021
- Mathematical Physics and Probability Seminar, UC Davis, Sept. 2021.
- Introductory Talk on Scaling Limits for Interacting Particle Systems, MSRI, Sept. 2021.
- [Online] Junior Integrable Probability Seminar, May 2021.
- [Online] Student Probability/PDE Seminar, University of California, Berkeley, April 2021.
- [Online] Probability Seminar, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Feb. 2021.
- [Online] Probability Seminar, Stanford University, Nov. 2020. Video
- [Online] Stochastic PDE Seminar, Columbia University, Oct. 2020. Video
- [Online] Bernoulli-IMS One World Symposium Aug. 2020.
- Mathematical Physics and Probability Seminar, UC Davis, Dec. 2018.
- Probability Seminar, Columbia University, Oct. 2018.
- Maine/Quebec Number Theory Conference (w/ Steven J. Miller), Oct. 2015.
- Summer 2021: TA for Math 63DM: Discrete Methods
- Spring 2021: TA for Math 51 ACE: Linear Algebra and Multivariable Calculus
- Summer 2020: Instructor for Math 114: Applied Matrix Theory
- Winter 2020: TA for Math 63CM: Analysis and ODEs
- Fall 2019: TA for Math 51 ACE: Linear Algebra and Multivariable Calculus
- Summer 2019: CA for Math 115: Functions of a Real Variable
- Winter 2019: TA for Math 21 ACE: Calculus
- Fall 2018: CA for Math 104: Applied Matrix Theory
- Spring 2018: CA for Math 115: Functions of a Real Variable
- Fall 2017: CA for Math 115: Functions of a Real Variable